Information Services / Reference Department Manager – Librarian I
Jefferson County Library – Arnold Branch
Full Time Position
1. Demonstrated essential understanding of and/or experience with circulation services, reference and information services, collection management, community engagement, data analysis, cataloging/classification, marketing, planning and instructional design.
2. Demonstrated leadership skills, including employee supervision, conflict resolution, team building, discipline, coaching and development
3. Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to instruct and train others clearly and effectively
4. Experience and skills coordinating digital literacy programs and services.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office and GSuite (Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads multiple levels of staff in completing essential duties of library operations in the area of information services, including providing customers with resources and referrals, collection management and library programming for adults. Models exceptional customer service behaviors.
2. Responsible for training staff and the general public in the use of technology, including software, online tools, and mobile devices, during classes, programs, and public computer sessions
3. Provides one-on-one assistance to public and staff using emerging technologies, advising on potential uses, likely impact, and value.
4. Develops digital learning objects (videos, online tutorials, etc.), and conducts orientations and tours as required.
5. Responsible for the deployment, supervision and instruction for staff and public related to the creation of a Media Lab / Maker Space service in 2022.
6. Responsibilities include assisting with the hiring, orienting, coaching, managing and evaluating of assigned team members under the supervision of the Branch Manager.
7. Serves as Passport Acceptance Agent and as Passport Program Manager for the facility.
a. Are at least 18 years of age
b. Are U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals
c. Are permanent full-time or part-time employees (not temporary, contractual, ad hoc, or volunteer)
d. Are not on parole or probation related to any federal, state, or local felony or misdemeanor related to breach of trust or moral turpitude (i.e. embezzlement, document fraud, drug offense, or dishonesty carrying out a responsibility involving public trust)
e. Are not presently under indictment for any federal, state, or local felony or misdemeanor related to breach of trust or moral turpitude
f. Are free of any federal, state, or local felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions related to breach of trust or moral turpitude
8. Serves as Notary Public. Requirements can be found here: https://s1.sos.mo.gov/Business/Notary/generalinfo
9. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science from a graduate library school program accredited by the American Library Association required. At least three years of post MLS public library experience including supervision highly preferred.
· Two years of experience planning and coordinating digital literacy programming, including with emerging technologies such as VR, media production and 3D printing highly preferred.
The job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Library. This position does require working one evening per week and one weekend per month, potentially including Sundays at a later time. Start date January 3, 2022 or after.
· Starting pay $40,040
· Medical, dental, and/or vision insurance (Employee currently contributes $0 per month to the cost of health insurance premiums.)
· Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
· Retirement benefits through Missouri LAGERS
· Professional development opportunities
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Jefferson County Library – Arnold Branch
1701 Missouri State Road
Arnold, MO 63010
Jefferson County Library District is an equal opportunity employer and is ADA compliant.