NOTICE: NOTARY SERVICES AT ALL JCL BRANCHES ARE SUSPENDED AS OF 11/19/20 WHILE THE LIBRARY IS ON CURBSIDE SERVICE ONLY.
The Jefferson County Library now offers notary service at all of its branches. Notary service is free, however hours of availability do vary. Contact your branch for more information.
Passport Application Information
NOTICE: PASSPORT ACCEPTANCE SERVICES AT ALL JCL BRANCHES ARE SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY.
You are able to apply for a Passport or Passport card at any Jefferson County Library branch. Contact your branch for more information.
Some general guidelines for a successful submission of a passport application are:
1. An unsigned completed application in black ink.
2. Proof of U.S. citizenship such as a state certified birth certificate, a certificate of naturalization, a certificate of citizenship or a previous valid U.S. passport. Photocopies of these documents will not be accepted.
3. Photo identification such as a state driver's license, state ID, military ID or previous valid U.S. passport.
4. One color photo that meets the U.S. Passport Agency specifications outlined on page 2 of the Application and that has been taken within the last 6 months.
5. For the renewal of a passport that was obtained for a child under age 16, both the passport and a state certified birth certificate are required.
6. If under 16, both parents must be present. See form for details.
7. According to the Application, estimated burden time is 85 minutes.
Do not sign the application until requested to do so by the person administering the oath.
Acceptable forms of payment:
Passport Application Fee: Check or Money Order payable to the U.S. Department of State. No cash or credit card.
Execution Fee: Cash, check or Money Order payable to the Library.
See Chart below for a current list of fees
For more information, visit the Department of State's website.
The status of your application should be available online 5-7 days after applying.